There are some fundamental principles in winning souls for Christ.
1. Understanding the times: The times that we are living in are difficult times. Therefore the church is required to keep its eyes open and not allow any spiritual lethargy or pressures that numb our spiritual senses. As a church we must wake up and cry out for God to give us the grace to influence everyone with the gospel.
And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed..
Romans 13:11 NIV
2. Understanding the G12 Vision: We are ambassadors of the Kingdom of God. We have received the power and authority that Jesus left us to represent Him and transform circumstances.
A soul winner with the power of God, leads many people to the feet of Jesus, once he identifies what the adverse powers are that operate in each person. Then he can break them in the name of Jesus.
You might also be interested in: What is the G12 Vision?
Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
Habakkuk 2:2 NIV
3. Determine the size of your ministry: If the Vision is done correctly, it will be possible to determine how many generations of disciples are on its way. Therefore it is essential to form a team. Because winning souls is easier in a group than individually.
You might also be interested in: ¿How do you choose a team of 12?
You might also be interested in: ¿How to conquer the 144?
Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits
(Mark 6:7) NIV
4. Understand the price of salvation: We have to bring the gospel free of charge to the people, because people were sold to sin and salvation is priceless.
We do not preach the message of condemnation to make people feel more miserable. We know that the word of God has a message of hope for each believer, because it produces joy in the hearts of people.
What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.
(1 Corinthians 9:18) NIV
5. Be patient and loving: It is important to understand that new believers are new people who want to know the ways of the Lord and who are looking for direction.
Jesus left us His example by spending three and a half years training his disciples. He taught them with patience, always showing them the right way, even when they made mistakes.
What a new person wants the least is being rejected or feeling judged. That is why it is so important to receive wisdom, love and direction from the Lord.
You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
(James 5:8-9) NIV
6. Use spiritual weapons: The ministry is something that is conquered on a spiritual level. That is why it is essential to conquer souls through the spiritual tools that the Lord left us such as fasting, prayer and the blood of Jesus.
Don't forget that your prayer should be as great and powerful as the ministry you long to have.
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
(2 Corinthians 10:3-4) NIV
7. Teamwork: Being part of a team will facilitate the work of winning souls, because in this way the responsibilities will be better distributed and also this will potentiate the gifts of each disciple.
Remember that if there is a team there is conquest.
You might also be interested in: How do you choose a Team of 12?
I cannot carry all these people by myself; the burden is too heavy for me. If this is how you are going to treat me, please go ahead and kill me—if I have found favor in your eyes—and do not let me face my own ruin.
(Numbers 11:14-15) RVR1960