There is some evidence that shows a genuine new birth.
The evidence of the new birth is:
1. Born to a new life: The seed of the word is received within and produces new life in us.
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God
(1 John 3:9 NIV)
2. Spiritual eyes open: The true light of Jesus opens our spiritual eyes; all darkness comes out and we are blind to the sin that we previously knew.
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.
(Acts 9: 3-5 NIV)
3. We understand that we were created to grow: The new birth produces that we have contact with the Word of God, not only to get closer to Him and away from the corruption that is in the world, but also to acquire spiritual maturity.
Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
(2 Peter 1:4 NIV)
4. A new heart is received: God gives us a genuine love for the Word. We do not only have contact with it, but we also put it into action.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
(Ezekiel 36:26-27 NIV)
5. Birth to a holy life: The Holy Spirit certifies that we have been born again, sows in us the life of Christ, which germinates and develops, progressively manifesting in us and generating a life marked by holiness.
Set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
(2 Corinthians 1:22 NIV)
6. Born of the spirit: This means to start living again: a new nature, new principles, new affections and new purposes, it is a transcendental change made in the heart of the sinner by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.
(John 3:8 NIV)
7. Born to a life of faith: The Lord begins to work in the depths of our heart until we experience total detachment of our carnal nature. In order to discern things from another point of view, the new birth produces in us a nature of faith.
Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.
(Genesis 17:3-5 NIV)
The evidence of the new birth leads people to bear fruit. Make sure your disciples experience a true and genuine new birth!